Thursday's $384 million enforcement action against Alcoa and one of its subsidiaries ranks 5th on our list of the Top Ten FCPA cases of all time.
With Pittsburgh-based Alcoa's entry, two of the top ten cases now involve U.S. companies.
The oldest and biggest case on the list is still Siemens' $800 million settlement from 2008.
Dropping off the list today is Alcatel-Lucent's $137 million settlement from 2010.
Here are the current Top Ten FCPA enforcement actions of all time:
1. Siemens (Germany): $800 million in 2008.
2. KBR / Halliburton (USA): $579 million in 2009.
3. BAE (UK): $400 million in 2010.
4. Total S.A. (France) $398 million in 2013.
5. Alcoa (U.S.) $384 million in 2014.
6. Snamprogetti Netherlands B.V. / ENI S.p.A (Holland/Italy): $365 million in 2010.
7. Technip S.A. (France): $338 million in 2010.
8. JGC Corporation (Japan) $218.8 million in 2011.
9. Daimler AG (Germany): $185 million in 2010.
10. Weatherford International (Switzerland): $152.6 million in 2013.
Richard L. Cassin is the Publisher and Editor of the FCPA Blog. He can be contacted here.