[Editor's note: This post was updated here.]
Following yesterday's seven-party settlement, Panalpina, Pride, and Shell join the top ten FCPA cases of all time, coming in at numbers seven, nine, and ten respectively.
Eight of the top ten (numbers 3 through 10) are from this year.
And amazingly, eight now involve foreign companies.
(Earlier this year, Paris-based Alcatel-Lucent said it will pay $137.4 million in a settlement agreed in principle with the DOJ and SEC.)
The current top ten FCPA-related settlements of all time are:
1. Siemens (Germany): $800 million in 2008.
2. KBR / Halliburton (USA): $579 million in 2009.
3. BAE (UK): $400 million in 2010.
4. Snamprogetti Netherlands B.V. / ENI S.p.A (Holland/Italy): $365 million in 2010.
5. Technip S.A. (France): $338 million in 2010.
6. Daimler AG (Germany): $185 million in 2010.
7. Panalpina (Switzerland): $81.8 million in 2010.
8. ABB Ltd (Switzerland): $58.3 million in 2010.
9. Pride (USA): $56.1 million in 2010.
10. Shell (UK/Holland): $48.1 million in 2010.